"SuperThrive"

For cold hardy palm tree enthusiasts.

Moderators: Laaz, lucky1, Alchris, Kansas, Wes North Van

Kansas

"SuperThrive"

Post by Kansas » Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:25 pm

Had a good friend tell me about this stuff. Went out and bought it tonight and read the bottle and read some net stuff.
Anybody try this? Sounds like it's the biggest and best thing.
I planted my Trachys in a new pot after getting them from Plant Delights. I am curious as to if I watered them too much but heard that you are supposed to water them after you pot them, water till the water gets to the top of the pot and let soak in. Some water should come out the bottom.
Did that and water did come out the bottom, but MAN does the soil look wet to me!! Is this OK for now since it is a new pot? I read where you should water a new potteds Trachy every day but darn that soil already looks soaked.
Should I NOT water them again until the top is dry?
I did add 20-20-20 food to the water. And the SuperThrive says to add to my food. So should I wait another two weeks to add it or should I add it ASAP??????????????
DAMN I AM LOST!!!!

Jay-Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jay-Admin » Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:04 pm

Wow! all this talk about superthrive is making me want to go out and buy some. I would wait to water your plants again until they are dry. They are probably stressed so i would just leave them alone for now. I wouldn't worry they should be fine. :D

Regards,
Jay

Kansas

Post by Kansas » Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:37 am

I am keeping them under 14 hours of grow light and a humidifier pointed high on the leave canopy for 6 hours. Is still OK or should I not run the humidifier on it due to the mist sometimes collecting and running down the frond to the trunk?

Pazuzu
Sprout

Post by Pazuzu » Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:02 pm

I have used Superthrive for over 10 years. I have to say that the things I have seen it make the most noticeable difference in is Vandaceous orchids. If used in conjunction with a good fertilizer at the suggested rate of application (one drop per gallon) it will grow orchid roots like there is no tomorrow. I have not ever really noted that it has made that much difference with potted plants.