Amazing results from "Ortanique"

Germination Techniques

Moderators: Laaz, lucky1, Alchris, Kansas, Wes North Van

Kansas

Amazing results from "Ortanique"

Post by Kansas » Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:26 am

A few months ago, there was a thread on another board about Filibusta seeds and the owner of "Ortanique" offered free seeds to the first 10 people. I was lucky enough to be one of the 10.
When I got the seeds in the mail, 2 had already germinated in the mail, and after FOUR DAYS, the rest had all popped. I thought that was pretty good, but as with Washy seeds, the odds are pretty good that they would be good seeds.
However, about two weeks ago, on another board, a guy posted that he had ordered many times from "Ortanique" and as always, he put extra seed species in with his order. Well this guy had ordered so many times that he had no room for the extra seeds and wanted to give them away. I got mine (and I think KNNN got some too) a week ago. I just checked and amazingly, after only one week of cooking, I have many many Phoenix Sylvestris, many Phoenix Dactlyfera, and many Copernicia Alba. Nothing on the Carpentaria Acuminata or the Triangle Palms yet, but the Triangles have swollen eyes so maybe next week.

ryan
Seedling

Post by ryan » Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:35 am

Thats great news. The worst thing can be waiting for seeds to "pop" so it is nice to have them germinate quickly so you need not wait. I have some Carpentaria Acuminata that I purchased from Bananatree and sowed december 5th. The have yet to germinate and I am sceptical if they are fresh. I think I will call Ortanique today and place an order. People seem to be happy with the seeds provided by Ortanique so I will give them a try.

Kansas

Post by Kansas » Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:03 am

Ryan, if I remember right, I sent you a PM, check your messages. I can't remember what it was about, but I do remember I wrote to you.

Kansas

Post by Kansas » Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:14 pm

Couldn't believe my eyes tonight. I looked in the pot and saw a Phoenix Dacy seed that was on top of the soil. I thought I forgot to push it back down into the soil yesterday when I looked to see if it popped. NO, what happened is that it grew so much over night that the root was actually pushing the seed up thru the soil. I thought, what the heck and I checked and a Copernicia Alba had done the same thing.
I am going with a new container w/ my Dioon Edule seeds :lol: