Peaches

Banana Plants, etc

Moderators: Laaz, lucky1, Alchris, Kansas, Wes North Van

yuccaman
Seedling

Peaches

Post by yuccaman » Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:43 pm

I bought 2 peach trees and they zoned them 5b at hollandale. They have flowers on them and they are already growing leaves. I might need to protect them a bit with mulch incase we have a severe cold snap. Right now I might only get 3 or 4 peaches on them.Anyone else got a peach tree in a cold area for zones 5b, 6, 7?

Jay-Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jay-Admin » Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:54 pm

I don't have any in my yard but we have thousands of peach trees growing throughout our area. They should do good where you are. :)

yuccaman
Seedling

Post by yuccaman » Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:02 pm

Your right. I have been to southern BC and they have a huge amount of peaches. BC's interier has a warmer winter. I been to London Ontario and Windsor Ontario and they have the same thing. We do not get that cold so we are fine. Other fruit I have are pears, cherrys, strawberries, raspberries, apples.

Jay-Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jay-Admin » Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:34 pm

I would love to have fruit trees but i just don't have the space. I did plant some grape vines and i plan on getting some kiwi vines this weekend. :D

yuccaman
Seedling

Post by yuccaman » Sat Apr 22, 2006 5:03 am

I hardly have any space in my yard to. I planted a tulip tree and im afraid its roots will go in my well. It should be far away enouth. Try putting in some hardy kiwi if they are edible. I notice grape vines can had stem trunks about 2 cm wide. They will climb up a tree or other stuff. They grow big.Thats whats climbing my manitoba maple.