I am finally getting some time

Discuss all your non palm related stuff here.

Moderators: Laaz, lucky1, Alchris, Kansas, Wes North Van

Alchris

I am finally getting some time

Post by Alchris » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:32 pm

I had a long summer; too busy in the day to read or post and too exhausted in the evening.

I gave up trying to maintain a lawn free yard. The city and some of my neighbors make no effort to control their weeds and I could no longer keep up.

I had my 9 yr old grandson for 2 months and his little brother for 2 weeks. In addition, I built the greenhouse, germinated close to 700 grass plants to replace the perennials in the yard, laid a 300 sq. ft. patio, built 4 new flower beds, re-landscaped the alleyway, re-landscaped 1/2 of the backyard, laid about 700 sq ft of sod, ripped out and replaced the rear fence, cut 50' of old half dead hedge back to the ground, ripped out the old desert and re-landscaped it, laid a 4' x 50' paving stone sidewalk and painted 1/2 of the existing fence.

Somewhere during all of this, I found time to help my son rip up the carpet in his condo and replace it with hardwood flooring.

Fall stayed very nice this year and allowed me to accomplish a lot more than I had hoped to do. There is only a little left for next year( a few areas that need to be redone in ornamental grass and sod and my shed and fence to be painted). Now my wife and I should be able to enjoy our yard.

And I should have time to participate in Palms North.

Allen

You don't have to be crazy to grow palms in Alberta..... But it helps

Barrie

Post by Barrie » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:40 pm

Yikes :shock: I'm getting tired just reading your post :lol:
Good to have you back. Cheers, Barrie.

Jay-Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jay-Admin » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:35 pm

Yeah, Welcome back. Hey if your not busy next summer I need to re-landscape my front yard.
Just kidding. :lol: