Palm / Cycad Seeds or Seedlings!

This section is for enthusiasts looking for hard to find cold hardy palms, yuccas, plants etc.

Moderators: Laaz, lucky1, Alchris, Kansas, Wes North Van

taylor
Sprout

Palm / Cycad Seeds or Seedlings!

Post by taylor » Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:47 pm

Hello Everyone,
Some of you know me, but most of you all don't know me yet. Anyways, I am Taylor and I typically hang out at Bananas.org but lately I have been very interested in Palms. I tried PalmTalk but it seemed too impersonal and over my head, so I came here where I have met a lot of very nice people. So far I have Washingtonia Filifera seedlings and some stuff from Mr. Chumley that I will post pictures of when I get back from my Christmas Vacation. I realize that seeds on palms are ripening about this time and thats why I am posting this now.

I am looking for any palm/cycad seeds or seedlings! I would like for it to be of little or no charge, but if you come up with a deal that is hard to resist, I might just give in. :wink:

Palm: I would like anything cold hardy, and I would also like Christmas Palm, Foxtail Palm, Fishtail Palm. But anything pleases me.

Cycads: Not sure what is best, so just tell me about it and I'll probably like it.

Thanks Yall, and Happy Holidays!

Can't wait to hear from someone,
Taylor

Taylor

Laaz

Post by Laaz » Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:45 pm

Taylor what type of palms are you looking for ? Being your in VA beach you should have no problem finding Sabal minors & probably a few Palmettos...

taylor
Sprout

Post by taylor » Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:55 pm

Hey there,
I am looking for anything! I have some Sabal Minor seeds, Sabal Mexicana, Trachycarpus seeds(old ones and some fresh ones that I picked in NC) Washie seedlings (no leaves yet) and I got Saw Palmetto seeds today along with some Butia Capitata seeds Ill be getting. I'm trying not to get rid of any of these yet as they are all my possibilities of getting some nice specimens. I am looking for anything seriously. Just hit me up with an offer Laaz, please! :D

In VB, there are Butia Capitata and Trachys basically only. But when you go to NC Oceanfront, there is the Palmettos, Butias, Sabal Minors, Trachys and more, but I just got back from there and only had time to collect a few Trachy seeds (last time ZI too seedlings that died)

Thanks!!!
Taylor
Taylor

Cali-wanna-b
Seedling

Post by Cali-wanna-b » Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:34 am

Seed producing Butias or Trachys from Virginia Beach would give you some good trade bait. Cold Hardy people like getting seeds from northern locations.

taylor
Sprout

Post by taylor » Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:54 pm

Id be willing to trade a few Trachy seeds in return for seeds/seedlings. Pack of 10, only have 2 to 3 packs max.
Taylor