best fungicide

For cold hardy palm tree enthusiasts.

Moderators: Laaz, lucky1, Alchris, Kansas, Wes North Van

miketropic
Seedling

best fungicide

Post by miketropic » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:17 pm

What is everyones fav. Fungicide to use before they wrap them up for the winter? I have used minimal protection forever but after last years death blow to almost everything I will protect them some and need a good fungicide to use so any help is wonderful

wheelman1976
Seedling

Post by wheelman1976 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:10 pm

Would you use a fungicide if you're going to have them somewhat snuggly wrapped with insulation? I'm debating less light and buy 5 rolls of insulation and just wrap them up like a candy cane. But I should probably cover with frost cloth before wrapping with the insulation right?

If I don't do that I'm just planning on my big ol' boxes at this point because of the terrible winds I get where I'm at. They literally need houses built over top of them....

Tonyusc
Sprout

Post by Tonyusc » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:13 am

I did not use a fungicide the past two years. With no problem. Was I lucky or should I've used one. Does everyone use one.

wheelman1976
Seedling

Post by wheelman1976 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:05 pm

I've never used fungicide with just building a wooden box over the top and shrink wrapping the box, but I am curious with when you wrap the tree with something as part of your protection.

turtile
Seedling

Post by turtile » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:27 pm

If you are covering the palms up, there is no real need to spray fungicide. Bacteria and fungus need moisture...

905palms
Seedling

Post by 905palms » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:25 am

My take is that fungicides are more for the plant when it emerges from dormancy in the Spring. I apply a copper form in the fall before boxing up, that way I know its there for the Spring. Not too much though, as some fungicides can be too harmful or lethal for a younger palm if there's no ventilation.
Je n'est pas d'affaire a faire, les affaires que je n'est pas d'affaire a faire - moi
I have no business doing the things I have no business doing - me