Japanese Precision

Discuss all your non palm related stuff here.

Moderators: Laaz, lucky1, Alchris, Kansas, Wes North Van

Alchris

Japanese Precision

Post by Alchris » Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:40 pm

It has been years since I worked on a Made in Japan vehicle. I've done custom work on our Nissan Altima and Frontier but they were made in Tennessee.

I am still in the process of putting a made in Japan trailer hitch on a made in Japan Nissan X Trail. The rear fascia and bumper cover came off perfectly. As did the other pieces. But the trailer hitch fits exactly in the frame. What I mean by exactly is that every grain of sand and bit of dust in the frame has to be removed and the hitch has to be in the perfect position before the first bolt is threaded in. It took 2 hours fiddle-farting around on my back in the driveway to get it perfect and get the 10 bolts torqued down. Not 4 bolts like the 5000 lb hitch on the Frontier. The engine will fall out before the hitch comes loose.

Now to finish warming up before I go out and put the fascia and bumper cover back on. Yeah warming up. It's -5 C with a 20 Km wind and a skiff of snow. Why didn't I do this yesterday when it was 10 C? I had tickets to watch Canada play in the World Curling Championships. After spending yesterday inside getting cold, I'm spending today outside getting cold. :oops:

Allen

You don't have to be crazy to grow palms in Alberta..... But it helps