Parlor palm spear pull

Discuss palms you grow inside.

Moderators: Laaz, lucky1, Alchris, Kansas, Wes North Van

F1aReD
Sprout

Parlor palm spear pull

Post by F1aReD » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:55 pm

Hi,

I've had my Parlor Palm on my front porch all summer, with the windows closed except for one cracked open a bit. I have a Trachy, 2 Sagos, and a Majesty out there-my makeshift "greenhouse" reaches temps into the mid 90s F.

Well I've been working all summer (40 hrs a week v my usual 20), and I kinda let my stuff go. No watering, or misting and temps close to 100 d F on the hottest days. My Parlor palm has fared the worst. It practically died...The pot came with atleast 10 little ones in a big clump, all of which had spear pull except for 2 of them. Well, that one has died and the one left has spear pull now, but it is still green...Anything I can do? It WAS coming back to life and pushing a new spear.

Everything I seem to read has to do with being to COLD-These palms were in some major heat with no water.

The Majesty (which I don't do anything with, and don't really care about lol) I watered and it came back the next day! It was looking pretty sad and all the fronds were dropped to the floor. The Trachy wasn't touched and is doing excellent. Pictures soon!

Andy