Hostas Flowering? Do they seed?

Citrus, Ferns, Hostas, Discuss other plants that don't fit in any other category.

Moderators: Laaz, lucky1, Alchris, Kansas, Wes North Van

Kansas

Hostas Flowering? Do they seed?

Post by Kansas » Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:36 pm

My new house has hostas (not sure what kind) that completly fill a huge portion of my front landscape. I just love them to death, but in this Kansas sun they get sunburned easily and the tips doe.
Anyways, I have about 4-5 flowers now. I am new to the hostas, do they have a seed in the flower, and if so, when do I harvest?
I'll give Admin and DesertZone some free if you want, since I have not paid DZ (I'll put $15 in with the seeds) yet for the Sabal Minor and Admin gave me some Hystrix seeds.

Jay-Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jay-Admin » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:01 pm

Thanks for the offer Kansas but i have a gazillion different hostas growing in front of my house also. All of mine are partially covered so they are in shade most of the day which they seem to love. I'm not sure about harvest either.

Regards,
Jay

Kansas

Post by Kansas » Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:53 am

Yea, I love the hostas, but where mine are, they get hard, direct sun for a better part of the whole day.
If these seed, I will try to pop a couple and plant them on the other side of the house. But I DO want to give some away to my friends here if anybody wants some.