Any musicians?

Discuss all your non palm related stuff here.

Moderators: Laaz, lucky1, Alchris, Kansas, Wes North Van

Laaz

Post by Laaz » Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:19 pm

Got the pickups, installed the covers and now this thing sounds sooooo sweet. Also added a set of Graph Tech saddles.

Barrie

Post by Barrie » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:31 am

Todd ... If it sounds half as good as it looks, you should be pleased!

Cheers, Barrie.

Laaz

Post by Laaz » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:01 am

Now I'm thinking I should do like Barrie http://charleston.craigslist.org/msg/1555613411.html

Barrie

Post by Barrie » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:43 pm

Absolutely! I went for the Squire so as not to lay out huge cash, try it out to see if I like it. I'll give it a year and access the situation then. I am playing the bass routinely and enjoy it, so if this keeps up I'll upgrade to a Precision Bass and amp then.
Personally, I'd say, go for it!

Cheers, Barrie.

Jova
Sprout

Post by Jova » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:17 pm

Very cool to hear that there are some other musicians here. Music is what I do, and I've played since I was a kid. I'm a manager at a music store and I play out live and do recording sessions from time to time. I'm primarily a drummer and guitarist, although I've been the lead vocalist in a few bands, and I play some bass and keys as well. Got way too much gear, Gibson Les Paul through a ton of mostly boss pedals into a Mesa Triple Rec for the guitar rig, Taylor acoustic guitar, Pearl Reference Series kit with mostly Zildjian A customs for my main drumkit (and 4 other kits that never get played) have a lower end bass rig that mainly sits in the studio for others to play on during practices, have a few different keyboards/synths, as well as a decent PA and lighting rig, and a 32ch ProTools rig on a Macintosh computer. I dug the pics of those Gibson guitars that you guys have... I've always been a Gibson guy myself, although I keep telling myself that I need to pick up a nice strat one of these days, because you just can't make a Paul sound like a strat:)

canadianplant
Clumping Palm

Post by canadianplant » Mon May 24, 2010 3:33 pm

I play guitar. Ive played since I was 15. Love the old classic rock and early metal. Pink floyd is definetly my favorite thing to play. I just bought a Fender "Fat Ash" strat, 24 frets, varnished, not painted, and has seymour duncan pick ups. I use a behringer GMX 212 amp. Has 2 12" jensen speakers and runs 120 watts.

I played a few instraments in highschool too, trombone and sax mostly, but i played the trupmet, soem drums, bass, baritone, procussion. I picked up a clarinet and a few other things too.