Well Folks, My palm/Cycad days may be numbered

Discuss all your non palm related stuff here.

Moderators: Laaz, lucky1, Alchris, Kansas, Wes North Van

Kansas

Well Folks, My palm/Cycad days may be numbered

Post by Kansas » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:20 pm

Just found out that my wife is pregnant.
The $$ I used to spend on palms & cycads will now go to diapers and formula.
Hope I will be able to still have time to post here.

Barrie

Post by Barrie » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:22 pm

Congratulations ... it will certainly change your life. Your love of palms will continue but your activities in the garden, to a lesser degree.

Cheers, Barrie.

Jay-Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jay-Admin » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:15 pm

Congrats. Of course you will have time to post here because you will be awake with no sleep for the next couple years. Just kidding, it was only about the first six months for both of my kids. :D It's all good now. They both sleep through the night now. :)

Kansas

Post by Kansas » Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:58 am

Yea, we have a 16 year old and a 6 year old.
The 16 year old is very upset because he thinks he will not have a relationship with the new baby but I told him it all depends on HIM.
The 6 year old is looking forward to being a big brother.

I actually thought of posting on those late night feeding nights when I can not get back to sleep. Maybe this will INCREASE the number of posts with the trees being inside and being able to take pics in December & Jan.

Dean W.
Small Palm

Post by Dean W. » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:31 am

Congratulations! :D

Dean

macario
Seedling

congrats

Post by macario » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:27 pm

You will need this forum to relax I am sure of that. Youll still be around :D

taylor
Sprout

Post by taylor » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:06 pm

CONGRATS!!!
I hope it turns out to be a healthy baby (Wow...I am a few months ahead on that one, aye?)

I think some congratulatory packages are in store for this man!

True about the 16 year old..it probably won't happen. As a 16 year old male, I know that any baby that came into my life would be more like having a baby of my own, being in charge of it when parents need a break, not having that sort of relationship, etc. It is up to him about making that relationship, but maybe the parents could help by giving him some responsibility in the process. It would make me feel involved, help for future situations (when he has kids!) and help the child grow towards him.

Enough rambling on my part!!! Congrats again! Is your 16 year old into plants at all?
Taylor

PALMETTOMAN
Seedling

new bambino

Post by PALMETTOMAN » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:41 pm

Congrats Kansas...think of all the help you'll have in a few years with all those plants...

PalmettomanZ6-Ajax, On

Kansas

Post by Kansas » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:56 pm

taylor wrote:CONGRATS!!!
I hope it turns out to be a healthy baby (Wow...I am a few months ahead on that one, aye?)

I think some congratulatory packages are in store for this man!

True about the 16 year old..it probably won't happen. As a 16 year old male, I know that any baby that came into my life would be more like having a baby of my own, being in charge of it when parents need a break, not having that sort of relationship, etc. It is up to him about making that relationship, but maybe the parents could help by giving him some responsibility in the process. It would make me feel involved, help for future situations (when he has kids!) and help the child grow towards him.

Enough rambling on my part!!! Congrats again! Is your 16 year old into plants at all?

Shoot, the only "into plants" that he is, is when the football goes out of control and hits one and breaks one of my leaves off. Naw, I am pretty much on my own with the whole Palm tree thing. NOBODY cares about them in my life. Shoot, if I want to talk palms with somebody personally, I have to go to Steve's (KNNN) house :lol: about 2 hours away.

taylor
Sprout

Post by taylor » Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:55 am

Oh no!!! What can you do...my brother used to garden...he actually bought our original Trachy Fortunei (which I killed...wrapped it when i was 9) ( thought I had to).

Maybe he'll marry a plant friend.

And hey, when he gets a house of his own, that just gives you more room to play/plant with!!!!!
Taylor

lucky1
Arctic Palm Plantation

Post by lucky1 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:02 pm

Congrats!

Yup, you'll be posting at 3 a.m.
every night :lol: :lol:

Barb

Laaz

Post by Laaz » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:56 pm

Congratulations ! Wait a minute aren't you getting a little too old for that ? :lol: :lol: :lol: