New Yuccas!

Discuss anything about yuccas here.

Moderators: Laaz, lucky1, Alchris, Kansas, Wes North Van

Paul Ont
Large Palm

New Yuccas!

Post by Paul Ont » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:59 am

Hey all,
If any of you are in So. Ontario, I suggest checking out Plant World here in Toronto. They currently have a few (maybe 5-7 of each species remaining) very unusual and hard to find Yuccas in stock. I was in yesterday and picked up a Yucca nana and a Yucca baccata. Both are smallish, but for the rarity more then worth the price I paid! They, along with the Y. kanabensis will make up the majority of the new Yuccas I'm planting this year (well, maybe I'll get a rostrata too...)
They also have Yucca alofolia 'variegata' which is NOT hardy below a warm zone 7 (unfortunately, as they are very nice looking)... Just thought I'd pass that along.
Oh, and they also have Tree Ferns in stock. A lot of them actually; ranging from perhaps 3-6 or 7 feet high. They have them labelled as 'Australian Tree Fern'; clearly they are Dicksonia antarctica... Prices range from 69.99 to 199.99; just in case anyone is interested!
I'm looking forward to getting these Yuccas in to the ground... First, I'll have to expand the back cactus bed... Which is probably a day long process. ugh.
Cheers,
Paul

Wes North Van

Yuccas

Post by Wes North Van » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:22 pm

Any pics Paul?
Wes North Vancouver Zone 8b/9a
Keats Island BC Zone 8a
Palm Springs CA Zone 9b/10a

lucky1
Arctic Palm Plantation

Post by lucky1 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:01 pm

Yup we want pics please...you're still out digging?

This Westerner is sure envious of the availability in Ontario.

It's tough out here to find a retailer who'll bring in more variety than y.filamentosa.

We just have to keep bending John's arm so he'll start up his operation. :D
Barb