something interesting I noticed

Discuss all your non palm related stuff here.

Moderators: Laaz, lucky1, Alchris, Kansas, Wes North Van

macario
Seedling

something interesting I noticed

Post by macario » Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:27 am

Friday I learned something interesting while at work. We have some in the ground storage tanks at work (not far from my house) that are being repaired and I have been watching the whole process. There are computerized monitors for both tanks. They show a constant temp over the whole winter at about 50F. They are not that far down in the ground. Im wondering is that good or bad? Also I found out that here where I live the water table is 6ft below the surface. Is that good or bad for my palms?

As usual any info would be appreciated

Cali-wanna-b
Seedling

Post by Cali-wanna-b » Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:54 am

They show a constant temp over the whole winter at about 50F. They are not that far down in the ground. Im wondering is that good or bad? Also I found out that here where I live the water table is 6ft below the surface. Is that good or bad for my palms?
Mike

Most storage tanks regardless of what they are storing are located below your areas frost line. Usually that is 30-40 inches below ground level. As for your areas water table and your palms. I don't know of any root systems that extend 6 feet into the ground. I doubt your water table has any impact on your palms.

Craig
Not the pot I was expecting........