Dypsis Lanceolata seedlings available

Please read rules

Moderators: lucky1, Alchris, Kansas, Wes North Van, Laaz

chumleycycads.com
Sprout

Dypsis Lanceolata seedlings available

Post by chumleycycads.com » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:59 pm

I have Dypsis Lanceolata seedlings from the "Comoro Islands" available. This is a clustering, pinnate, silery-green crownshaft palm to 20' height with red fruit. The Comoro Islands is where the famous "Double cocont Palm" is found. chumleyrobert@hotmail.com

I live on 12 acres in Central Florida about half way between Tampa and Walt Disney World.I have seed colonies of over 60 varieties of cycads. I have over one half acre of variegated cycads and I make many hybrids as well.

Kansas

Post by Kansas » Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:52 am

http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/62579/index.html

Some pics of these palms for the group to see what Mr. Chumley has. What a beautiful palm!

chumleycycads.com
Sprout

Rare palm photos

Post by chumleycycads.com » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:18 pm

THANK YOU , Mr. White, I had never seen a photo of this palm before. I had to go to a lot of trouble to get seeds of it. Betrock's "Cultivated Palms Of the World" says it will sur vive in subtropical climates......not just Tropical climates. I'm trying a lot of new "stuff", trying to keep it some -what cold-tolerent. Robert Chumley
I live on 12 acres in Central Florida about half way between Tampa and Walt Disney World.I have seed colonies of over 60 varieties of cycads. I have over one half acre of variegated cycads and I make many hybrids as well.