QUESTION ABOUT NIAGARA GARDEN CENTER

This section is for enthusiasts looking for hard to find cold hardy palms, yuccas, plants etc.

Moderators: lucky1, Alchris, Kansas, Wes North Van, Laaz

henry5 zone5
Sprout

QUESTION ABOUT NIAGARA GARDEN CENTER

Post by henry5 zone5 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:33 am

Hi i have to go to Niagara this next week-end , i want to buy some hardy tropicals, like palms, Y.rostrata ,hardy cactus and more.

My question : some one knows if they have what i looking 4 at the moment .
Please giving me a answer rapidly.

Thank for your help

Henry

Paul Ont
Large Palm

Post by Paul Ont » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:18 am

Henry,

May not be able to help here, but I do know which nurseries carry palms, etc.

Rice Road greenhouses (near Fonthill) has/had palms and everything you're looking for. Not sure what stock they have right now. Cole's Florist (Grimsby location) also carries palms and everything else. Not sure if they have stock now.

Other places to try: Hardy trees (etc): Nettlecreek nursery (Near Fonthill, email ahead, esp. this time of year). Vineland nursery (Vineland) sometimes has some cool stuff...

Not the best time of year to be going to Niagara for plants. But, I do hope you'll enjoy the warm weather!

henry5 zone5
Sprout

Post by henry5 zone5 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:55 am

Paul Ont wrote:Henry,

May not be able to help here, but I do know which nurseries carry palms, etc.

Rice Road greenhouses (near Fonthill) has/had palms and everything you're looking for. Not sure what stock they have right now. Cole's Florist (Grimsby location) also carries palms and everything else. Not sure if they have stock now.

Other places to try: Hardy trees (etc): Nettlecreek nursery (Near Fonthill, email ahead, esp. this time of year). Vineland nursery (Vineland) sometimes has some cool stuff...

Not the best time of year to be going to Niagara for plants. But, I do hope you'll enjoy the warm weather!
Thank's Paul

I hope to be enjoy to find what i want ? Lolllllllllllll

Henry