Need a Palm Garden.

This section is for enthusiasts looking for hard to find cold hardy palms, yuccas, plants etc.

Moderators: lucky1, Alchris, Kansas, Wes North Van, Laaz

Eriktampabay
Sprout

Need a Palm Garden.

Post by Eriktampabay » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:16 pm

I am getting married in May. I have 75 Mule palms 1 gallon for trade. For other palms, cycads, bamboos. For zone 8b San juan island washington. Need plants that can go in the ground by May. Who wants to trade?? Need a tropical setting for our wedding.

Laaz

Post by Laaz » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:34 pm

What is your source for the seedlings ?

Eriktampabay
Sprout

Seedlings.

Post by Eriktampabay » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:44 am

All seedlings came from Mule palm nursery in Parish Florida. I got them when they were first potted up.

Laaz

Post by Laaz » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:49 pm

Never heard of them. You do know it takes about 3 years to determine if the plants are actually hybrids right ? The pro's I know of in FL are:

http://moultriepalms.com/default.aspx

and Tim Hopper which I don't think has a site anymore.

Eriktampabay
Sprout

Mule palms.

Post by Eriktampabay » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:10 pm

I am aware of it taking awhile for the true charcteristics of a tree to take form. However Mule Palm Nursery, happen to be good friends of mine. My kids use to play in there flower, and palm field, and have had thanksgiving dinner at my place for years. They have taken me through the complete pollination process, and this is the only tree that they grow. So I am not to concerned as to what it is. As I have many, in different sizes. I am aware of most of the major players in the Mule palm business as I am the one who is designing there website, I also post on there behalf on palm boards such as this one on occasion as they are not to computer literate. They would just rather sit in there green houses all day pollinating. I am aware of Tim Hopper, Moultrie palms, who supplied Nigel in the UK, Grant Stevens in Texas who has received many trees from Mule Palm Nursery, Richard who is a private collector in Florida who has over 20,000 has agreed to resell on the Mule palm website. So if you are looking for bare root to 10yr olds they have them, but usually will only deal in bulk unless you are local. I can get them for you. However this is my private collection that I am trying to trade. I owe it all to the nursery, Palmsnorth and a few other palm talk boards who have turned me in to a palm addict. I did not even pay attention to trees 5 years ago. I will post some photos of there nursery as soon as I resize them. So you can see some of there larger specimens.