My Trachy...healthy? (pics)

For cold hardy palm tree enthusiasts.

Moderators: lucky1, Alchris, Kansas, Wes North Van, Laaz

kspalmguy
Seedling

My Trachy...healthy? (pics)

Post by kspalmguy » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:58 am

I bought this windmill about two weeks ago from North Texas Palms & Pottery in McKinney, TX. I was very happy with my purchase and will definitely be back again. (Yes, I drove 5 hours from El Dorado, KS just to buy a palm tree:) ) Anyway, I have watered it as needed, hopefully not too much or too little. I am planning to keep it in the pot until mid April, when it will be planted outside, in my future "palm garden", which will also contain S Minor, Needle, and maybe a Pindo or two...I was wondering if my Trachy looks healthy or under or overwatered...thanks! And sorry for the rambling...:P

KrisK
Seedling

Post by KrisK » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:31 pm

Looks ok to me. Let it dry between waterings. It won't lose as much water inside as it would outside. You should go to Orand Nursey in Ft Worth next time you're down that way and the Dallas Farmers Market also. You can spend some time and money at all those places!! Also check out Alligator Alley in OKC. I've never seen the plants but they supposedly have lots of cold hardy yucca and palms. I visited and saw only pet reptiles...I've tried to mail-order and never got a response :roll: ...maybe you'll have better luck.

kspalmguy
Seedling

Post by kspalmguy » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:19 pm

Thanks! I'll remember that...OKC is about a 2-2.5 hour drive for me, so I'll definitely have to keep that in mind!!